LAST UPDATED: June 2018
Here at Future Leaders Network Limited (“Future Leaders Network”, "FLN", “we” or “us”), we take your privacy seriously. We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08791430 and our registered office is 66 Porchester Road, London, W2 6ET. We're committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you give us and we’ll be sure to comply with all applicable data protection legislation. For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation, Future Leaders Network Limited is the data controller of personal information that we hold and process about you. We are registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner in the UK. See the "Talk to us"section for details of how to contact us if you have any questions or would simply like to get in touch.
As you'd expect, we're particularly sensitive here about the way we use the data you share with us and the way we communicate with you . If you hear from us, we will always aim to be relevant and appropriate - if we have nothing of this nature to say, you simply won't hear from us for a while! If at any time you don’t feel we’ve lived up to your expectations, please let us know straight away by getting in touch with us.
We are proud to give you access to the Site and related services. In return, we may collect, use and share your personal information as is necessary for us to make the Site available in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, to improve your user experience and as is necessary to progress any application you make to one of our opportunities. We will only use personal information for our purposes in a manner permitted by relevant data protection legislation, including for the provision of our services and, where you have consented, for marketing purposes.
WHAT INFO IS COLLECTED ABOUT YOU AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
We may collect data about you (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, age, image/photograph, work history, gender and ethnicity).
We collect information mainly when you register, when you provide us with information within the Site and when you use products and services made available on the Site.
For example, we may receive personal information when you:
- Apply for one of our opportunities/programmes;
- Acquire a ticket to one of our events;
- Visit the Site (through a cookie);
- Provide information in connection with mentoring scheme; or
- Sign up to our newsletter.
WILL WE USE YOUR INFo FOR MARKETING?
Once you have given your consent to marketing, we may display offers, promotions, products or services on the Site which we think will interest you based upon the information we collect from your cookies. We will keep your contact details for marketing purposes until you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing materials. You may withdraw your consent to direct marketing by any means at any time by contacting us. See the "Talk to us"section for details of how to do so.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link included at the bottom of the relevant email.
HOW ELSE WILL WE USE YOUR INFO?
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- To help us make the Site available to you and to help us provide related services to you (please see the "Will we share your information with anyone else?" section below for more information);
- To make the Site more relevant for you and our other visitors. This includes sometimes requesting personal information from you to help us run and develop our website and related services;
- To carry out occasional surveys and to analyse our user base — ultimately we want to ensure that the Site provides everything that you — our audience — is looking for;
- To respond to your questions;
- To carry out research, analysis and write reports to understand our Site and how to make it better;
- To comply with the law;
- As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests.
We will only use information about your gender and/or ethnicity where you have provided your consent for us to use such information for the purposes of monitoring and promoting equal opportunities.
We will keep records of any agreements you enter into with us or services or products you receive for up to three years, save to the extent that we are required to hold records for a longer period in order to comply with applicable law. This is so that we can comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and respond to any complaints or disputes that may arise in that period. Please see the "How long do we keep hold of the information?" section below for our retention policy for personal information.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP HOLD OF your INFO?
There are certain reasons that we have to keep hold of some of your information. Naturally we keep your information while you are registered with us but we also keep some information after you've stopped working with us, though only for as long as we need it. How long we keep it depends very much on the type of information we are holding and the purpose for which we need it. We also have to take into account our legal obligations in respect of that data. For example, we may need to keep some non-personal information for financial reporting or other legal obligations.
You can request that we delete your personal information at any time.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFO WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We may share your information only if:
- You specifically request us to;
- We are required to do so to comply with the law or with the directions of the courts or other authorities;
- We feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests;
- It helps our trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences, please see the table of our trusted third party advisors below. We require these service providers to keep your personal information safe and secure. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
As at the date this policy was last updated (see above), these third party service providers include:
Name Function EU or non-EU
Eventbrite Payments Non-EU
MailChimp Email Marketing Non-EU
Squarespace Website Non-EU
We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties – but we’ll keep it anonymous, so you won’t be identifiable from that data and we contractually require all such partners to treat your personal information as confidential and to fully comply with all applicable data protection law and consumer legislation.
We won’t ever rent or sell our user’s details to any other organisation or individual.
HOW WILL WE MAKE SURE OUR SITE IS SECURE?
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. All personal information you register on this Site will be located behind a firewall. We take security extremely seriously but as no system is 100% secure, we can’t completely guarantee the protection of your personal information, any more than any other organisation can. For that reason we can’t accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal information which you’ve registered on this website if there is a security breach. However, we will take the appropriate measures to respond to and manage any incident, as required by data protection legislation. This includes taking measures to contain the incident, to recover the information, assessing the risks and notifying those affected.
WILL WE BE moving ANY PERSONAL INFO OUTSIDE THE EEA?
If you would like to see the terms of any of our supplier agreements, please get in touch with us and we will share these with you provided that we are not prevented from doing so by obligations of confidentiality. See the "Talk to us"section for details of how to contact us.
WHAT ABOUT PERSONAL INFO RELATING TO MINORS?
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important. If you are under 18 years old, please do not provide us with your name, contact details or any other information about yourself. To find out more, please read our Terms and Conditions.
ARE YOU PROTECTED BY THIS POLICY OUTSIDE FUTURELEADERS.NETWORK?
Our Site contains links to other websites. Obviously, we don’t have any control over them and take no responsibility for any information you give them. Other sites have different privacy and security policies, which we advise you to read.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
You have the right to unregister from the Site at any time. When you do so, you will no longer be able to access its features. Please note that, in these circumstances, we may still keep your data for the purposes set out in the "How long do we keep hold of the information?" section.
In certain circumstances you will have the following rights when it comes to our handling of your data:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we have about you and to request supporting information explaining how the personal data is used.
- Right of rectification – you have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal data about you.
- Right of erasure – you have the right to request that we erase all personal data about you.
- Right to restrict processing – in some situations, you have the right to request that we do not use the personal data you have provided (e.g. if you believe it to be inaccurate).
- Right to object, including to direct marketing – you have the right to object to certain processing of your personal data (unless we have overriding compelling grounds to continue processing) and the right to object to direct marketing.
- Right of data portability – you may have the right to request that we provide you with certain information that you have provided to us in an electronic format or to provide that information to a third party.
Please get in touch with us if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
You also have the right to complain to the UK's data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner, about our handling of your data. You can use the relevant section of the Information Commissioner's Office website to do this.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR INFO
You can request, at any time, access to the personal information we hold about you. You can contact us to request access to your personal information.
You are entitled to be told by us whether we, or someone else on our behalf, is processing your personal information, what personal information we hold, details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared. You can also request that we correct any personal information which we hold about you where it is inaccurate.
Sometimes you may be asked to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information so we can prevent unauthorised access.